Veggie omelette sandwiches
6 item(s), large
2 tbsp(s), chopped flat-leaf
uncooked red onion(s)
1 medium, finely chopped
uncooked bell pepper(s)
1 item(s), medium, green, diced
1 cup(s), white variety, sliced
white English muffin(s)
4 item(s), whole wheat variety, split and toasted
4 slice(s), thick
- Beat eggs, parsley, salt, and black pepper in medium bowl.
- Coat medium nonstick skillet with 1/2 teaspoon oil and set over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes. Transfer to clean medium bowl.
- Wipe skillet clean with paper towels. Coat skillet with 1/2 teaspoon oil and set over medium heat; pour in half of egg mixture. Cook, lifting edge of eggs frequently with spatula to allow uncooked portion of egg to run underneath, until eggs are not quite set, about 3 minutes.
- Spoon half of vegetable mixture over one half of eggs. With spatula, fold unfilled portion of eggs over to enclose filling. Reduce heat to low and cook until eggs are set, about 1 minute longer.
- Slide omelette onto plate and cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining 1/2 teaspoon oil, eggs, and vegetable mixture to make 1 more omelette. Cut each omelette in half. Place one slice of tomato on bottom of each English muffin and top with one portion of omelette. Cover with tops of English muffins.
- Serving size: 1 sandwich