Vanilla Pound Cake
12 - 13
PersonalPoints™ per serving
1 hr 15 min
1 hr 5 min
Three words: moist, sweet, delicious.
3 egg white(s), large
Low fat cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a 9-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, vanilla extract and almond extract; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese and butter until blended. Beat in sugar, baking powder and salt until blended. Beat in flour and egg mixture, little by little, beginning and ending with flour.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake until a wooden toothpick inserted in centre of cake comes out clean, about 55 to 65 minutes.
- Cool cake in pan on a wire rack. Cut into 12 slices and serve. Yields 1 slice per serving.