These may be made ahead and rewarmed before serving.
- 16 medium cremini mushroom(s), stems removed
- 4 spray(s) olive oil cooking spray
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 medium uncooked shallot(s), minced
- 4 oz fresh mushroom(s), mixed gourmet variety, finely chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp rosemary, minced
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, minced (plus extra for garnish)
- 2 Tbsp sweet red pepper(s), minced
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Place mushroom caps on a foil-lined baking pan and lightly coat with cooking spray; sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Roast until tender, 15 minutes; pat dry.
Coat a medium skillet with cooking spray; set over medium-high heat. Add shallots and chopped mushrooms; cook, stirring frequently, until softened, 10 minutes. Add garlic, herbs and red pepper; stir and cook 1 minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper (optional) or sprinkle with truffle salt (optional).
Divide sautéed mushroom mixture among mushroom caps; serve garnished with thyme.
- Serving size: 2 stuffed mushrooms.