Twice baked apple with cinnamon-vanilla yogurt sauce
SmartPoints® value per serving
Think of this as apple pie a la mode—minus the crust. Use your favourite apple varieties, red or green.
1 tbsp(s), such as Splenda, brown sugar blend
½ tsp(s), divided
Fat-free vanilla yogurt
4 tsp(s), or pecans, toasted
- Core apples, leaving bottoms intact so that apples can be filled. Place apples, upright, in a small glass microwave safe baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine applesauce, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and sweetener; spoon evenly into apples.
- Pour water around apples, into bottom of baking dish; cover and place in microwave. Cook at medium power until apples are soft but hold their shape, about 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from microwave and allow to cool to desired temperature.
- Stir vanilla nonfat yogurt and spoon 1/2 cup over each apple; garnish with a sprinkle of remaining cinnamon and nuts.
- Yields 1 apple per serving.