Turkey-Veggie Bolognese Stuffed Shells
Uncooked jumbo shells
1 cup(s), diced
½ cup(s), chopped
Uncooked fennel bulb(s)
½ cup(s), diced
⅓ cup(s), finely chopped
3 clove(s), large, minced
Uncooked 99% fat-free ground turkey breast
Jarred fat-free marinara sauce
1½ cup(s), divided
Grated Pecorino cheese
Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente, about 9 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Meanwhile, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan and swirl to coat. Add zucchini, onion, fennel, carrot, and garlic; sauté until almost tender, about 6 minutes. Add turkey and cook until turkey is done, about 3 minutes, stirring to crumble. Stir in ½ cup marinara sauce. Remove pan from heat and stir in pecorino Romano.
- Lightly coat a 2-qt baking dish with cooking spray. Spread remaining 1 cup marinara sauce in bottom of dish. Stuff turkey mixture evenly into pasta shells (about 2 tablespoons each). Arrange stuffed shells in baking dish and sprinkle evenly with mozzarella.
- Bake at 375°F until cheese melts and filling is thoroughly heated, about 20 minutes. Turn on broiler; broil until cheese lightly browns, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serving size: 3 stuffed shells and ¼ cup sauce