Turkey Grill with Pesto Dressing
½ cup(s), packed
Fat free vegetable broth
Grated Parmesan cheese
¼ oz, about 1 tbsp
Uncooked turkey sausage(s)
4 medium, plum,
1 medium, red
1 clove(s), medium, crushed
- To prepare dressing, combine basil, broth, Parmesan, oil, pine nuts and garlic in a blender. Process until puréed. Set aside.
- Heat grill. In a saucepan, combine sausages and enough water to cover; heat to a simmer and cook 8 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool slightly.
- Cut tomatoes in half lengthwise and arrange in a single layer, cut-side up, on a baking sheet. Cut zucchini crosswise diagonally into 3/4-inch-thick (2 cm) slices and red onion into 4 thick slices; place vegetables on baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and coat lightly with cooking spray.
- Grill vegetables, placing oiled-side down first, until lightly browned, about 2 to 3 minutes for tomatoes and zucchini, a little longer for onion. Turn and grill other side. Remove vegetables to serving platter and pour dressing over all.
- Cut sausages in half lengthwise (if some of the casing becomes loose, peel off and discard). Grill sausages, cut-side down, until lightly browned and cooked through, about 3 minutes. Transfer to platter with vegetables and serve.