Triple-Chocolate Cream Pie
Olive oil cooking spray
Chocolate graham cracker(s)
15 gm, beaten
Unsweetened cocoa powder
Grated unsweetened chocolate
1 oz, chopped
Aerosol whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- To make crust, place crackers in food processor; process until finely ground. Add butter; pulse a few times to combine. Add egg white; pulse a few times until evenly moistened. Firmly press crumb mixture onto bottom and up sides of prepared pie plate. Bake 12 minutes; transfer to wire rack and let cool.
- To make filling, in a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, cornstarch, cocoa powder and salt; whisk in milk and egg until blended.
- In a large saucepan, heat half-and-half over medium heat until small bubbles appear around edge of pan, about 8 minutes. Gradually whisk half of hot half-and-half into cocoa mixture until blended. Whisk hot cocoa mixture into remaining half-and-half in pan. Cook, stirring frequently with heatproof spatula, until mixture comes to boil, about 4 minutes; boil 1 minute. Remove pan from heat and stir in chocolate and vanilla extract until chocolate melts; pour into cooled crust. Place plastic wrap onto surface of filling; refrigerate until filling is firm, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove pie from refrigerator; uncover, garnish with whipped topping and sprinkle with pomegranate arils. Slice into 12 pieces and serve.
- Serving size: 1 piece