SmartPoints® value per serving
Packed with hunger-fighting potatoes, this Spanish specialty is oh-so-much more than an ordinary omelet.
3 medium, baking variety, peeled, thinly sliced (use a food processor if possible)
1 medium, chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook for 5 minutes (potatoes should be about halfway done). Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs, egg whites, salt and pepper together in a large bowl; set aside.
- Heat oil in a 10-inch frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onions and potatoes; cook, stirring constantly, until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Spoon potato mixture into egg mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Reheat frying pan over low-medium heat. Add potato-egg mixture and let cook for 2 minutes. Flip and cook on other side until eggs are set, about 2 minutes more. Slice into 6 pieces and serve.
If you have trouble flipping the eggs, slide them onto a plate, turn the plate over – above pan – and settle eggs back into pan.