Fat free skim milk
Regular liquid egg substitute
½ cup(s), rasberry
Powdered sugar (icing sugar)
4 medium, sliced in half
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (175ºC). Coat a 9-inch round cake pan with cooking spray.
- Heat milk in a small saucepan over medium heat until bubbles just appear around the edges; add margarine and remove from heat.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Combine egg substitute and sugar in a large mixing bowl and beat on high speed for 2 minutes; beat in vanilla. On medium to low speed, beat in flour and milk mixtures in small batches, alternating each and beginning and ending with flour mixture; beat until smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, about 25 to 30 minutes. Cool cake in pan for 10 minutes; transfer cake to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Using a serrated knife, cut cake in half horizontally. Spread raspberry preserves on bottom half, cover with top cake half and sift powdered sugar over top. Slice into 8 pieces, top each piece with a strawberry half and serve.