Tomato and Ricotta Tart
PersonalPoints™ per serving
Phyllo dough dries out quickly so you need to work fast. A tip: Have all the ingredients prepared before you unwrap the dough.
Fat-free ricotta cheese
Regular liquid egg substitute
Grated Parmesan cheese
¼ cup(s), fresh, chopped
3 medium, cored and sliced 1/4 inch thick
1 tbsp(s), fresh, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a 9-inch glass pie plate with nonstick cooking spray
- Stir together ricotta, egg substitute and 2 tablespoons each of Parmesan and chives; set aside.
- Lay 2 sheets of dough across pie plate. Press down and coat with cooking spray. Lay remaining dough across pie plate in opposite direction of first dough layer; press down.
- Spoon ricotta filling over dough and layer with half of tomato slices. Sprinkle with remaining chives and basil; layer with remaining tomato slices. Top with remaining Parmesan.
- Trim off excess dough, leaving a 2-inch border. Fold up border edges to partially enclose filling (do not pull dough tightly—it should form a loose, lacy crust). Coat with cooking spray. Bake until Parmesan is golden and filling is firm, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to stand for 5 minutes before slicing into 6 pieces.