Tofu, broccoli and butternut squash with creamy tahini sauce
Extra firm tofu
14 oz, drained and blotted dry, cut into 8 equal pieces
Low sodium soy sauce
1 head(s), cut into florets (use a large head)
4 tsp(s), divided
1¼ tsp(s), divided (or to taste)
½ tsp(s), freshly ground (or to taste)
Uncooked butternut squash
2 pound(s), peeled, seeded, cut into 1½-in chunks
2 clove(s), medium, thinly sliced
Plain fat free yogurt
Fresh lemon juice
2 tbsp(s), warm
Sriracha hot sauce
1 tsp(s), (or to taste)
Green pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
2 tbsp(s), toasted
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Marinate tofu in soy sauce in a small bowl for 10 minutes.
- Toss broccoli with 2 tsp oil, ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper in another bowl.
- Toss squash with remaining 2 tsp oil, ½ tsp salt, remaining ¼ tsp pepper and garlic on a large sheet pan (at least 12- X 16-in); bake 15 minutes. Remove pan from oven and stir; move squash to one side of pan.
- Spread broccoli out on other side of pan; nestle tofu down center of pan, making sure each piece makes contact with pan. Return to oven; cook until squash is tender, 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine tahini, yogurt, lemon juice, water, remaining ¼ tsp salt, and sriracha to taste in a small bowl.
- Plate tofu and vegetables; drizzle with tahini sauce and sprinkle with pepitas.