Tex-Mex Turkey and Black Bean Saute
1 large, chopped
2 medium, Cubanelle or other sweet peppers, cut into 3/4-inc
Uncooked extra lean ground turkey breast
2 tsp(s), or other brand
¾ tsp(s), or to taste
14½ oz, fire-roasted with garlic, diced
Canned black beans
15 oz, rinsed and drained
¾ cup(s), fresh, chopped
1 cup(s), shredded, shredded
Baked low fat tortilla chips
18 item(s), broken up
½ medium, cut into wedges for garnish
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat; add oil. When hot, add onion and peppers; sauté until softened and lightly charred or golden in spots, about 6 to 7 minutes.
- Add turkey; brown meat, breaking it up with a wooden spoon as it cooks, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in cumin, oregano and salt; cook 1 minute until fragrant.
- Stir in canned tomatoes, beans and water; bring to a simmer. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, to blend flavors, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro; remove from heat. Serve topped with lettuce and tortilla chips. Drizzle with fresh lime if desired. Yields about 1 cup turkey-bean mixture, 2 2/3 tablespoons lettuce and 3 broken chips per serving.