Sweet and sour meatballs
1 clove(s), medium, minced
Uncooked 93% lean ground beef
Uncooked rolled oats
1 cup(s), finely chopped
Canned tomato sauce
6 tsp(s), such as Splenda or Sweet'N Low, or to taste
3 tbsp(s), spicy brown
Hot pepper sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine beef, oats, egg whites, onion, garlic, parsley and oregano in a medium bowl; mix thoroughly. Shape beef mixture into forty eight 1-inch balls; place on baking sheet.
- Bake meatballs for 25 minutes. Transfer to a slow cooker and set on low heat to keep warm. Or, place in a heated chafing dish.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Pour over meatballs and let heat about 10 minutes.
- Yields 4 meatballs per serving.