Summer Fruit Galette
White whole wheat flour
1 tbsp(s), cold, cut into pieces
4 tbsp(s), ice cold
1¼ pound(s), pitted, halved, and cut into 1/2-inch wedges
Fresh lemon juice
Fat free skim milk
- To make crust, pulse flour, sugar, and salt in food processor until blended. Add oil and butter; pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add 3 tablespoons ice water through feed tube and pulse until dough forms; if dough doesn’t come together, add remaining 1 tablespoon water and pulse. Shape dough into disk, wrap in plastic, and refrigerate until firm, at least 30 minutes or up to 1 day.
- To make filling, combine nectarines, raspberries, ⅓ cup sugar, lemon juice, and salt in medium bowl.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cover large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On lightly floured surface with lightly floured rolling pin, roll out dough to 13-inch round; transfer to baking sheet. Mound filling over dough leaving 3-inch border. Fold edge of dough up and over filling, pleating as you go. Brush edges of dough with milk; sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon sugar.
- Bake until filling is tender and crust is browned, 35−40 minutes. Slide galette and parchment onto rack. Slip out parchment and discard. Cool galette and cut into 10 wedges.
- Serving size: 1 wedge