Strawberry-lemon baked donuts
Olive oil cooking spray
Fresh lemon juice
¼ cup(s), (1%)
White all-purpose flour
2 tsp(s), finely grated
⅓ cup(s), raw, fresh, cut into very small pieces
Powdered sugar (icing sugar)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a regular size 6-hole doughnut pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together egg and granulated sugar. Add milk, lemon juice and vanilla; whisk well.
- Add flour, lemon zest, baking powder and salt to bowl; stir well. Add fresh strawberries to batter; gently fold to incorporate.
- Evenly divide batter in prepared pan by pouring 1/3 c batter into each hole. Or you can place batter in a zip-close plastic bag, cut off a corner and pipe into pan.
- Bake for 16 minutes; remove from oven and let cool in pan, about 10 minutes. Using a knife, gently nudge doughnuts around edges to remove them from pan.
- When cool, sprinkle with crumbled freeze-dried berries; dust with powdered sugar.