Strawberries with Cream Filling
SmartPoints® value per serving
Fast and festive, these stuffed strawberries are the perfect ending to all your summer soirees. Use jumbo strawberries for a beautiful presentation.
1 pound(s), jumbo-size (about 18 strawberries)
Low fat cream cheese
4 oz, at room temperature
Powdered sugar (icing sugar)
- Wash and dry strawberries (leave green caps on).
- Using a paring knife, cut a wide v-shape out of the pointed end of each strawberry (like an open mouth); reserve cut out pieces of strawberries. Place cut strawberries on a serving plate, green cap side down so they will be easy to fill.
- Using an electric mixer, thoroughly combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl.
- Chop reserved leftover bits of strawberries into tiny pieces and gently stir into cream cheese mixture with a spoon.
- Fill each cut strawberry with a small amount of cream cheese mixture using a spatula or knife. Arrange filled strawberries on a serving plate, green cap side down. Yields about 3 strawberries per serving.
Prepare this recipe the same day you plan to serve it or the strawberries will weep. Refrigerate if not serving immediately.