Stir-Fried Shrimp and Snow Peas in Orange Sauce
4 medium, thinly sliced
1 tbsp(s), fresh, minced
1 tbsp(s), finely grated
2 clove(s), medium, minced; or 2 1/2 tsp minced garlic
8 oz, small, peeled, deveined (about 36 to 40 per lb)
Uncooked bean sprouts
Unsweetened orange juice
½ cup(s), freshly squeezed recommended
Low sodium soy sauce
Toasted sesame oil
- Coat a large nonstick wok or saute pan with cooking spray; heat to smoking over high heat, about 2 minutes.
- Toss in scallions, ginger, orange zest and garlic. Stir and toss constantly over the heat for 30 seconds.
- Add snow peas. Continue tossing until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp; continue cooking, tossing all the while, until shrimp are pink and firm, about 2 minutes.
- Add sprouts, orange juice, soy sauce and honey. Toss until bubbling, about 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, combine cornstarch with rice vinegar in a small bowl.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture; continue cooking until sauce has thickened a bit, about 30 seconds. Remove wok or pan from heat and drizzle oil over the dish. Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving.