Spicy Apple Crepes
1% low fat cottage cheese
Light artificially sweetened caramel yogurt
Unpacked brown sugar
2 tbsp(s), packed
Granny Smith apple
2 small, peeled, cored and cubed
Fresh lemon juice
- In a blender or food processor, combine milk, flour, egg, sugar and salt; whirl until smooth. Pour into a small bowl; let stand about 30 minutes.
- To make the caramel cream; in a food processor or blender, combine the cottage cheese and yogurt. Whirl until very smooth, about 2 minutes, scraping down side of bowl 2 or 3 times; pulse in the brown sugar. Refrigerate, covered, at least 30 minutes.
- To make the filling, in a medium nonstick skillet, toss apples with lemon juice. Stir in the cider, raisins, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until apples are just tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in jelly; cook until thickened, about 5 minutes. Set aside and keep warm.
- Lightly spray an 8-inch nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat. Pour the batter, a scant 2 tablespoons at a time, into the skillet, tilting to cover the bottom of the pan. Cook until the underside is set, about 30 seconds. Flip and cook the other side until lightly browned, about 15 seconds. Slide the crêpe onto wax paper. Repeat with remaining batter, making 8 crêpes, stacking the crêpes between sheets of wax paper.
- To serve, transfer the crêpes to plates. Spread a scant 1/4 cup of the filling over one-half of each crêpe; fold into half moons. Spoon the caramel cream over the crêpes.