Spaghetti with Mini Meatballs
Uncooked lean beef round
1 large, lightly beaten
¼ cup(s), chopped
4 clove(s), medium, minced, divided
1 medium, chopped
Sun-dried hot chile pepper(s)
¼ item(s), about 1 tsp, minced
Canned crushed tomatoes
1 Tbsp, chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook spaghetti until al dente. Drain.
- Combine beef, egg, basil and 2 cloves garlic in a medium bowl. Mix well and roll into about 20 walnut-size balls.
- Heat a medium nonstick pan lightly sprayed with cooking spray and cook meatballs until browned and cooked through. Set aside.
- Coat a pan with cooking spray, heat and sauté onion, 2 cloves garlic and chile until onion is softened. Stir in tomatoes, water and herbs. Cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Heat cooked meatballs in tomato sauce for about 5 minutes.
- Return spaghetti to pan and heat through. Serve with meatballs and sauce.