Soy-Wasabi Shrimp and Scallop Skewers
Low sodium soy sauce
1½ tsp, fresh, grated
16 large, fresh, peeled and deveined
1 pound(s), sea-variety (about 16 scallops)
Sweet red pepper(s)
1 large, cut into 16 chunks
8 medium, caps, halved
- Preheat outdoor grill (or grill pan). Cut white and light green parts of scallions into sixteen 1-inch lengths; thinly slice darker green parts.
- In a small bowl, stir together soy sauce, wasabi, honey and ginger root until blended.
- Pour 1/4 cup of soy mixture into a large bowl; set remaining soy mixture aside. Add shrimp, scallops, pepper, mushrooms and 1-inch length scallions to bowl; toss to coat.
- Alternately thread 2 pieces each of shrimp, scallops, pepper, mushrooms and scallions onto each of 8 ten-inch metal skewers. Lightly coat skewers with cooking spray.
- Grill skewers, turning as needed, just until shrimp and scallops are cooked through, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove to serving plates or platter and drizzle with reserved soy mixture. Sprinkle with sliced scallions and serve. Yields 2 skewers per serving.