Southwest Chicken Salad with Creamy Green Chili Dressing
Fresh lime juice
2 tbsp(s), fresh, chopped
1 clove(s), medium, chopped
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
12 oz, four 3 oz pieces
Canned black beans
15½ oz, drained and rinsed
Sweet red pepper(s)
1 medium, chopped
Fresh cherry tomato(es)
1 cup(s), cut in half each
3 medium, sliced
1 head(s), sliced in 1/2-inch pieces
Canned green chili peppers
4 oz, diced
Plain fat free yogurt
1 bunch(es), tough stems removed
Fresh lemon juice
1 clove(s), small
- Combine lime juice, cumin, cilantro and garlic in a large resalable plastic bag. Add chicken, seal bag and shake to coat chicken. Allow to marinate for at least 15 minutes at room temperature or up to overnight in refrigerator.
- Preheat broiler or grill to medium-high heat. Remove chicken from bag and discard marinade. Grill chicken until cooked through, about 4 to 5 minutes per side; set aside until ready to assemble salad.
- Combine beans, red pepper, scallions and tomatoes in medium bowl. Divide lettuce among 4 bowls or plates and top each with 1/4 of bean mixture.
- To make dressing, combine remaining ingredients in blender or food processor; blend until smooth, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Slice cooled chicken on diagonal and divide among salads. Drizzle each serving with 1/2 cup of dressing.