Soft-boiled and hard-boiled eggs
SmartPoints® value per serving
The Instant Pot does some things better than any gadget we know: chicken stock to rival a restaurant, deeply flavored applesauce, perfectly hard-boiled eggs with shells that fall right off. Here are six essential recipes for your arsenal. You’ll use them again and again.
1 item(s), as many you like
- Into an Instant Pot, pour 1 cup water.
- Put a metal rack in pot and place eggs (as many as you like) on rack. Lock lid, making sure vent is closed.
- Press Pressure Cook and select High Pressure. For soft-boiled eggs (with firm white and runny yolk), set cooking time for 3 minutes.
- For hard-boiled eggs, set cooking time for 5 minutes.
- When time is up, press Cancel to turn off pot. Move steam release valve to Venting position to quickly release pressure. Cool eggs under cold running water.