Uncooked red onion(s)
1 large, quartered
Uncooked bell pepper(s)
1½ cup(s), seeded and quartered (or 1 large)
8 medium, halved
3 clove(s), medium, chopped
Fresh lime juice
1 Tbsp, or red wine vinegar
½ pinch, freshly ground
Hot pepper sauce
⅛ tsp, or to taste (optional)
½ medium, peeled and chopped
- Spray the grill rack with nonstick spray; prepare the grill for medium-hot fire.
- Grill the onion and bell pepper 5 inches from heat, until slightly charred on all sides, 8-10 minutes. Grill the tomatoes, turning once, 2-3 minutes.
- Combine the onion, bell pepper, tomatoes, garlic, lime juice, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a blender or food processor; puree. Season to taste with pepper sauce (if using) and transfer the gazpacho to a nonreactive bowl. Cover and refrigerate until the soup is chilled, at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle with the cucumber.
- Reprinted from Weight Watchers Best of Weight Watchers Magazine© 2002 by Weight Watchers International, Inc.