Smoky Buffalo burgers
2 clove(s), medium
Red wine vinegar
4 medium, thinly sliced
Uncooked red onion(s)
1 medium, thinly sliced
President's Choice Gigantico Burger bun
- Preheat grill or BBQ to high.
- Begin by preparing the roasted red pepper sauce. In a blender or food processor, combine the roasted red peppers, garlic cloves, paprika, sea salt, red wine vinegar and olive oil. Blend on high until smooth and set aside.
- Next sauté the mushrooms. Heat a splash of oil in a pan on medium heat, add mushrooms and a pinch of sea salt. Cook for 5-6 minutes until mushrooms are brown and tender, and set aside.
- Season burger patties with a light drizzle of olive oil and a generous pinch of salt and pepper on both sides.
- Add burger patties to a hot grill and cook until desired doneness; 4 minutes per side for medium or 5 minutes per side for well-done. Ensure only to flip your burgers once.
- Once the burgers are cooked, remove them from the grill and set aside.
- Build burgers by adding arugula to a bun, cooked burger patty and topping with roasted red pepper sauce, sautéed mushrooms and sliced red onion.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!