Slow Cooker Pork Chili Verde
Uncooked lean boneless pork loin roast, trimmed
1 pound(s), husked, rinsed, and quartered
1 large, chopped
3 medium, seeded and chopped
5 clove(s), grated
1 medium, seeded and chopped
Canned pinto beans
15 oz, rinsed and drained
Frozen corn kernels on cob
1 cup(s), fire-roasted variety
Shredded red cabbage
1 cup(s), or green cabbage
½ cup(s), fresh, leaves
Crumbled queso fresco cheese
4 medium, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, combine cumin, coriander, salt, pepper, and oregano; rub all over pork loin. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; sear pork on all sides, about 2 minutes per side. In a small bowl, combine the coriander, cumin, salt, black pepper, and oregano and rub all over the pork. In a 12-inch skillet, heat the oil over medium-high. Sear the pork on all sides until browned all over, about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer the pork to a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker. Add the tomatillos, onion, chiles, garlic, and jalapeño. Cover and cook until the pork is tender, 4 hours on High or 8 hours on Low.
- Using 2 forks, shred the pork in the slow cooker. Stir in the beans and corn. Cover and keep warm for 20 to 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
- Divide the chili among 8 bowls. Top each with 2 tbsp cabbage, 1 tbsp cilantro, 1 tbsp queso fresco, and a few radish slices.
- Serving size: 1 cup chili with 1/4 cup garnish