Shrimp Brandy Bisque
1 medium, (white part only), finely chopped
2 cup(s), (1%)
12 oz, peeled and deveined
Reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 tsp(s), and ground black pepper
1 fl oz
1 tbsp(s), fresh
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add leek and cook 3 minutes, until soft.
- Add thyme and stir to coat.
- Add milk and bay leaf and bring to a boil.
- Add shrimp and simmer 5 minutes.
- Dissolve cornstarch in chicken broth and stir into shrimp mixture.
- Simmer 2 minutes, until mixture thickens. Stir in brandy.
- Remove from heat, remove bay leaves, season to taste with salt and black pepper. Ladle into bowls, top with chives.