Scallops with Green Goddess Pea Puree
Frozen green peas
1 oz, diced
Reduced calorie mayonnaise
Fresh mint leaves
2 tbsp(s), chopped
Fresh lemon juice
1 large clove(s)
6 oz, 6 large scallops, thawed
- Boil 2 cups water with pinch salt – cook peas 2-3 minutes. Drain (set pot aside and save water)
- In a medium pan, cook pancetta until crisp. Set aside in bowl. Add ¼ cup peas to the bacon bowl (for garnish later)
- In a food processor, blend ¾ cup peas, mayonnaise, buttermilk, chives, parsley, tarragon, 1 Tbsp mint, salt, pepper, garlic, and lemon juice. Use reserved water to thin if needed.
- Heat oil in pan. Sear scallops to desired doneness.
- Pool ½ cup of sauce on a plate, place scallops on puree. Garnish with pancetta, peas, and chopped mint