Scallop, Sugar Snap Pea, Corn and Tomato Salad
Uncooked sugar snap peas
Frozen corn kernels
½ cup(s), thawed, or fresh
White wine vinegar
2 medium, chopped (about 1lb)
1 pound(s), fresh (use sea scallops)
¼ cup(s), fresh, chopped
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add sugar snap peas and corn; return to a boil and simmer until peas and corn are crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Drain vegetables, rinse under cold water and drain again.
- Whisk together vinegar, oil, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/8 teaspoon of pepper in a medium bowl. Add tomato; toss and let stand 10 minutes until tomato releases its juices.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle scallops with remaining salt and pepper. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat skillet over high heat. Add scallops and cook, turning once, until browned and cooked through, about 4 minutes. Remove scallops from heat; set aside.
- Add peas, corn and basil to tomato mixture; toss to mix and coat.
- Divide scallops among four plates. Top scallops with vegetable mixture. Yields about 4 to 5 scallops and 1 1/2 cups vegetables per serving.