Salmon, Leek and Red Pepper Salad
Canned pink salmon
418 gm, drained
2 medium, trimmed and sliced
200 gm, halved
½ head(s), small, or 1 bag mixed salad leaves
Uncooked bell pepper(s)
300 gm, use roasted peppers in brine, drained and torn into strips
1 medium, finely grated zest and juice
White wine vinegar
1 tsp(s), or cider vinegar
⅛ pinch, freshly ground black
1 clove(s), medium
- Drain the salmon, reserving 1 tbsp of the liquid. Remove the skin and bones, if wished, then break the salmon with a fork into large chunks. Set aside.
- Cook the leeks and snow peas in lightly salted boiling water for about 4-5 minutes until just tender. Drain, rinse with cold water and drain well.
- Rub the cut sides of the garlic clove around the insides of 4 serving bowls.
- Add the salad leaves to the cooked vegetables and toss together. Share between the bowls with the pepper strips and salmon chunks.
- For the dressing, whisk together the reserved salmon liquid with the lemon zest and juice, vinegar and mustard. Season with salt and pepper, then drizzle over the salads. Chef’s Tip: Use 2 x 185g cans of tuna in brine or water instead of salmon, for a change.