Rutabaga Fried Onion Hash
1 cup(s), peeled and diced
½ cup(s), diced yellow
Reduced-sodium chicken broth
½ cup(s), or vegetable broth or water
Red wine vinegar
1 pinch, ground
- Place rutabaga in a medium saucepan and pour over enough water to cover.
- Set pan over high heat and bring to a boil. Boil 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook 5 minutes, until golden brown.
- Add reserved rutabaga, broth, vinegar, ketchup, and paprika and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer 5 to 7 minutes, until liquid thickens and reduces and rutabaga is tender. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.