Roasted Stuffed Red Potato Bites
Uncooked red potato(es)
12 small, each cut in half (about 1 pound)
1 oz, smoked-variety, shredded (about 1⁄4 cup)
Crisp cooked bacon
3 slice(s), finely crumbled (about 2 tablespoons)
Fat free sour cream
2 tbsp(s), fresh, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spray a nonstick 10 x 15-inch jelly-roll pan with nonstick spray.
- With a spoon or a melon baller, make a 1⁄2-inch deep well in the top of each potato half.
- Arrange the potatoes in a single layer on the baking sheet. Lightly spray the potatoes with nonstick spray. Bake until tender and golden, about 40 minutes. Remove the potatoes from the oven. Leave the oven on.
- Top each potato half with 1⁄2 teaspoon of the cheese and 1⁄4 teaspoon of the bacon. Bake until the cheese begins to melt, about 5 minutes. Top each potato half with 1⁄2 teaspoon of the sour cream and sprinkle with the chives.
- Yields 2 pieces per serving