Roasted Fennel with Orange Glaze
Part sweet, part savory. Super with roasted chicken and potatoes.
Uncooked fennel bulb(s)
2 medium, cut into 1/4-inch slices, green fronds reserved
1 large, navel
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray; top with sliced fennel. Drizzle fennel with oil, turning to coat both sides.
- Zest orange; mince zest and set aside.
- Segment orange by first removing white pith. Working over a medium bowl, section orange capturing juice in a bowl (to see a video about this technique,click here ). When orange is in segments, squeeze membrane over bowl to capture more juice. Cut orange segments into small pieces and sprinkle over fennel.
- Stir vinegar and marmalade into orange juice; pour over fennel.
- Roast fennel, turning once or twice, until caramelized, about 22 to 27 minutes. Remove to a serving plate and sprinkle with 1 to 2 teaspoons zest. Garnish with reserved fennel fronds; serve with salt and extra vinegar on the side, if desired. Yields about 1/2 cup per serving.