Roasted Beets, Carrots, and Brussels Sprouts
6 medium, red and/or golden, peeled, cut into bite-size pieces
4 medium, peeled, cut into 3-inch batons
Uncooked Brussels sprouts
2 cup(s), halved if large
Extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp(s), divided
3 pinch(es), divided (or to taste)
3 pinch, divided (or to taste)
1 tbsp(s), optional, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Coat a small baking dish and a large sheet pan with cooking spray.
- Place the beets in small baking dish; toss them with 2 tsp oil and a pinch each of salt and pepper (add sliced garlic, if desired). Roast, stirring once, for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss the carrots and Brussels sprouts with the remaining 4 tsp oil and salt and pepper to taste (add sliced garlic, if desired). Place everything on the sheet pan.
- After the beets have been cooking for about 30 minutes, place the sheet pan in the oven. Continue to roast all the vegetables until tender, stirring once or twice, about 40-50 minutes more.
- Arrange the vegetables on a serving platter or toss in a serving bowl, and garnish with rosemary, if desired.