Rideau Canal Twists
We decided to celebrate National Sticky Bun Day the Canadian Way! We lightened up this greasy favourite by pan-frying, instead of deep frying, prepackaged dough.
11 oz, refrigerated, or similar item
- Separate breadsticks and unroll them.
- Lay a piece of plastic wrap on a flat surface, top with a breadstick and cover with a second piece of plastic. Use a rolling pin to roll dough out to 1/8-inch thickness. Repeat with remaining breadsticks.
- Coat a large nonstick fry pan with cooking spray and warm over medium heat.
- Fry beaver tails in pan, in batches, until slightly puffed and nicely browned on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
- Stir together sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle on hot beaver tails; serve immediately. Yields one per serving.