Pulled chicken barbecue wrap
Hot pepper sauce
1 tsp(s), habanero-variety recommended
Dehydrated onion flakes
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
⅛ tsp(s), or more
⅛ pinch, or more
Whole wheat tortilla(s)
- Preheat grill or broiler.
- Combine soda, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce, steak sauce, onion flakes and garlic powder in a heavy saucepan; gradually bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat slightly to obtain a gentle simmer; simmer barbecue sauce until reduced by a quarter, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, start to prepare chicken. Season chicken with salt and pepper; grill or broil chicken until cooked through, about 5 to 6 minutes per side. Remove chicken from grill and pull apart into shredded bite-size pieces with 2 forks (so you don’t burn your hands).
- Combine chicken and barbecue sauce in a medium bowl; mix to evenly coat chicken.
- Divide chicken mixture among tortillas, spooning about 1 cup of filling onto bottom half of each tortilla; top with mixed greens. Fold tortilla bottom over filling and then fold sides in toward centre to enclose filling. Yields 1 wrap per serving.