Provencal Ratatouille with Poached Egg
8 cup(s), 1 large, cut into ¼” cubes
4 small, cut into ¼” cubes
sweet red pepper(s)
2 large, cored, seeded, cut into 1/4” dice
1 large, diced (2 cups)
4 tsp(s), extra virgin, divided
2½ tsp(s), divided
canned diced tomatoes
30 oz, undrained
¼ cup(s), chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 and line two baking sheets with parchment or cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, toss eggplant with 2 tsp olive oil and ½ tsp salt. Spread across one sheet.
- In the same bowl toss zucchini and peppers with 1 tsp olive oil and ½ tsp salt. Spread across other sheet.
- Roast in lower 1/3 of oven for 25 minutes, stirring and rotating pans once during cooking, until vegetables are browned.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tsp olive oil in a large non-stick sauce pan, sauté onion for 10 minutes on medium or until soft. Add garlic and cook for an additional 1 minute. Add tomatoes and fennel seed, bring to a boil, and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- When roasted veggies are done, combine with tomatoes, remaining 1 ½ tsp salt, pepper, and balsamic vinegar.
- Carefully crack each egg into a small cup and slide over ratatouille. Cover and cook until whites are set, about 5 minutes. Garnish with basil and serve warm.