Portobello "Burgers" with Avocado Butter and Slaw
1 clove(s), large, crushed through press
Uncooked portabella mushroom(s)
4 item(s), caps
¼ cup(s), coarsely chopped
Sriracha hot sauce
¼ tsp(s), or to taste
California (Hass) avocado
1 small, pitted and peeled
Whole wheat English muffin(s)
2 muffin(s), or whole grain
- In a bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, and garlic. In a cup, mix 2 ml (1/2 tsp) salt and pepper.
- Spray a ridged grill pan with nonstick spray and set over medium heat until hot.
- Into pan, place mushrooms, stem-side down. Brush with half of oil mixture and sprinkle with half of salt-pepper mixture; grill 5 minutes. Flip; brush with remaining oil and sprinkle with remaining salt-pepper mixture. Grill until tender, about 5 minutes.
- To make slaw: Using vegetable slicer or peeler, cut cucumber and carrots into thin matchsticks. Transfer to a bowl and toss with cilantro, soy sauce, and sriracha.
- In small bowl, coarsely mash avocado. Add cumin and remaining 1 ml (1/4 tsp) salt. Place scant 30 ml (2 tbsp) avocado butter on English muffin halves, top with mushrooms and about 75 ml (1/3 cup) slaw.