Poached turkey breast with cranberry gremolata by Chef Eric Greenspan
raw skinless turkey breast
2 pound(s), one whole 2 lb breast
fat-free reduced sodium chicken broth
low sodium soy sauce
16 tbsp(s), (1 cup)
3 bulb(s), halved
1 cup(s), chopped
1 cup(s), roughly chopped
½ medium, or pear, diced
2 item(s), minced
fresh orange juice
2 tbsp(s), finely grated
½ tbsp(s), or to taste
½ tsp(s), or to taste
- Season turkey with salt and pepper; place in a Dutch oven or pot that’s large enough to hold turkey. Add stock and soy sauce; stir. Add garlic halves, bay leaves, and black peppercorns; stir and set over high heat.
- Bring to a boil; then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer. Poach turkey, turning occasionally to ensure even cooking, 25 minutes. A meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part should register 165°F. Remove pan from heat; let turkey rest in liquid, 10 minutes.
- While turkey cooks, to make gremolata, combine remaining ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse to coarsely chop (or chop with a sharp knife).
- Slice turkey into 12 even slices; serve with the gremolata.
- Serving size: 2 slices turkey and about ⅓ cup gremolata