Plum-Spice Upside Down Cake
butter flavour cooking spray
9 item(s), medium, Sliced, unpeeled
dark brown sugar
Sweet'N Low Calorie free sweetener
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Coat a 9-inch square pan with cooking spray. Spread plums in pan, sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of brown sugar and set aside.
- With an electric mixer, beat together remaining brown sugar and margarine until creamy. Beat in egg, egg white and vanilla, scraping down sides of bowl, for 1 minute. Beat in Splenda at medium speed for 1 minute.
- In another bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and ginger. Stir into egg batter and beat at low speed for 30 seconds to mix (batter will be thick); gently spoon batter over plums, spreading with back of spoon.
- Bake cake until sides begin to pull away from pan and cake is light golden brown, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside 30 minutes.
- Place a large platter over pan and invert cake onto platter. Dust with powdered sugar and cut into 9 squares.
- To learn more about baking with SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, as well as tips from our users, read How Sweet It Is. SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener is a registered trademark of McNeil Nutritionals, a division of McNeil-PPC, Inc.