Plum & blackberry crisp with pistachio crumble
1 hr 5 min
Let your market and your pantry guide you when making this adaptable dessert recipe. Instead of plums, you could try ripe peaches, and instead of blackberries, use blueberries or raspberries. Don't care for cardamom? Substitute the same amount of cinnamon. Assembling the crisp is super-easy; all you have to do is sprinkle the oat, brown sugar, and pistachio crumble over the fruit and spice mixture and let it bake away in the oven until the crumble is beautifully golden brown and the fruit is bubbling. You'll also find yourself enjoying the leftover crisp for breakfast or a quick, hearty snack on the go.
4 item(s), small, large, ripe, pitted, thinly sliced
2 tsp(s), grated
Uncooked old-fashioned rolled oats
Unpacked light brown sugar
2 tbsp(s), cut into small pieces
Shelled pistachio nuts
¼ cup(s), finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray an 11 x 7-inch or 8-inch square baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine plums, blackberries, flour, lemon zest, and cardamom and toss to coat. Spoon fruit mixture into prepared baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, butter, and salt. Using your fingers, smear butter evenly into oat mixture. Stir in pistachios. Sprinkle evenly over fruit mixture.
- Bake until topping is golden brown and fruit is soft and bubbling, 30 to 35 minutes. Transfer to wire rack. Let cool at least 15 minutes before serving. Serve hot or warm.
- Per serving: about 3/4 cup