Plum & Almond Galette
7 - 8
PersonalPoints™ per serving
The edges of the dough are simply folded over the fruit to form the rustic crust of this easy but elegant dessert. Juicy, tart plums cook down into a syrupy filling, which is complemented by a crunchy topping of almonds tossed with a bit of sugar.
Refrigerated pie crust, unprepared
½ cup(s), divided
8 tsp(s), divided
4 item(s), medium, ripe, finely chopped, diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Unroll the piecrust on the centre of the prepared pan.
- Finely chop 60 ml (1⁄4 cup) almonds and transfer to a medium bowl. Add the flour and 30 ml (2 Tbsp) granulated sugar and toss to combine. Sprinkle the chopped almonds across the centre of the piecrust, leaving a 3.75-cm (11⁄2-in) border.
- In the same bowl, toss the plums with the almond extract. Arrange the plums on top of the chopped almonds. Fold the border of dough over the plums, overlapping as needed, to create the edges of the crust. Sprinkle the remaining 10 ml (2 tsp) granulated sugar and 60 ml (1⁄4 cup) almonds on top of the plums.
- Bake the galette until the filling is bubbly and the crust is well browned, 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool on the pan for 10 minutes. Serve warm, or transfer the galette to a wire rack to cool completely. Using a fine-mesh sieve, sift the powdered sugar (if using) on top before cutting and serving.
- Per serving: 1/8 of galette