5 fl oz
10 fl oz
Shredded parmesan cheese
Whole milk mozzarella cheese
400 gm, grated or mature Cheddar
2 large, pureed
- Sift flour and salt into a large bowl. Stir in yeast. Heat milk and water together until hand hot. Add olive oil. Stir into flour and mix to a soft dough.
- Turn dough onto floured worktop. Knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes. Place in clean bowl, cover with a damp cloth and leave to rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 50 minutes.
- Mist pizza trays or baking sheets with spray oil. Knock back the dough, knead lightly for a few seconds. Divide into four. Roll out each piece on a floured surface to a diameter of 30 cm (12 inches). Place on prepared trays, cover loosely with damp cloths. Leave to rise for about 25 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Spread 2 tbsp of tomato puree over each pizza base. Top with tomatoes and herbs. Season, then sprinkle each one with 4 tsp of Parmesan cheese and 100 g (3½ oz) mozzarella or Cheddar. Bake for 10 - 15 minutes until golden brown. Serve hot or cold.