Pepperoni pizza burgers
Uncooked 93% lean ground beef
Red pepper flakes
1 tsp(s), optional
2 medium, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
1½ oz, thinly sliced
Light hamburger roll(s) or bun(s)
4 bun(s), toasted
Small, thinly sliced turkey pepperoni
- Coat a large griddle, outdoor grill rack or stovetop grill pan with cooking spray; preheat to medium-high.
- In a large bowl, combine beef, salt, garlic powder, oregano, and red pepper flakes; divide mixture into 4 balls, then gently press each into a 4-inch patty.
- Place sliced tomatoes on grill; cook until grill marks appear, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from grill; set aside.
- Off heat, recoat griddle or grill pan with cooking spray. Place burgers on hot griddle or grill; cook 5 minutes per side for medium (or to desired degree of doneness). Sprinkle each burger with a quarter of the cheese about 2 minutes before fully finished cooking on second side; cook until cheese melts.
- Serve each burger on a toasted bun, topped with 1 basil leaf and 7 g (¼ oz) pepperoni.
- Serving size: 1 burger