Pepperoni Pizza Burgers
Uncooked 93% lean ground beef
Red pepper flakes
1 tsp, optional
2 medium, sliced 1.25-cm (¼-in) thick
1½ oz, thinly sliced
Light hamburger roll(s) or bun(s)
4 item(s), toasted
1 oz, thinly sliced
- Coat a large griddle, outdoor grill rack or stovetop grill pan with cooking spray; preheat to medium-high.
- In a large bowl, combine beef, salt, garlic powder, oregano and crushed red pepper; divide mixture into four balls and then gently press each one into a 10-cm (4-in) patty.
- Place sliced tomatoes on grill; cook until grill marks appear, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from grill; set aside.
- Off heat, recoat griddle or grill pan with cooking spray. Place burgers on hot griddle or grill; cook 5 minutes per side for medium (or to desired degree of doneness). Sprinkle each burger with a quarter of the cheese about 2 minutes before fully finished cooking on second side; cook until cheese melts.
- Serve each burger on a toasted bun, topped with 1 basil leaf and 7 g (¼ oz) pepperoni.