Penne with Roasted Tomatoes, Asparagus and Leeks
Fresh cherry tomato(es)
Extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp(s), or to taste
1 pinch, for cooking pasta
½ cup(s), chopped
Shredded parmesan cheese
½ cup(s), (use a high quality Parmesan for the best flavour)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF (162ºC). Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Cut leeks lengthwise and soak in a bowl of water; rinse well to remove dirt and cut white and light green parts into 1-inch pieces. Trim asparagus; cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Toss asparagus, leeks and tomatoes with oil, kosher salt and pepper; spread evenly on prepared baking sheets. Roast, stirring once halfway through, about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook penne according to package instructions; reserve 1/4 cup pasta cooking water and then drain pasta.
- In a serving bowl, toss together penne, cooking water, roasted vegetables, basil, garlic, and lemon zest; garnish with Parmesan. Yields about 1 1/3 cups per serving.