Peanut butter cookies
SmartPoints® value per serving
Who says peanut butter's off-limits on a diet? Our freezer cookies will easily become a family favourite.
3 tbsp(s), stick-variety
Smooth reduced fat peanut butter
Packed brown sugar
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl; mix well and set aside.
- Combine margarine and peanut butter in a mixing bowl; beat on medium speed until blended and smooth. Gradually add both sugars and beat until blended; add egg white and vanilla and beat until smooth. While beating on low speed, gradually add flour mixture and mix until just blended.
- Transfer dough to a large piece of plastic wrap and roll into an 8-inch log. Wrap log in plastic wrap and freeze for 2 hours. (Note: You can make the cookie dough up to 3 days in advance and freeze until ready to bake.)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C). Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Remove cookie dough from freezer and slice crosswise into twenty-four 1/4-inch-thick slices; place slices 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheet. Bake until golden around the edges, about 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Yields 1 cookie per serving.