Peanut Butter-Banana Ice Box Cake
7 - 8
PersonalPoints™ per serving
10 hr 20 min
This impressive no bake, make ahead dessert is guaranteed to be a hit at your next summer gathering.
Fat free whipped topping
4 cup(s), (1 L) divided
3 small, ripe, chopped
40 item(s), divided
Smooth reduced fat peanut butter
½ cup(s), (125 ml) creamy variety
- Line an 20-cm x 20-cm (8-inch x 8-inch) pan with plastic wrap.
- In a bowl, toss together 375 ml (1 ½ cups) whipped topping and bananas; set aside.
- Crush 4 wafer cookies into crumbs; place in a container and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer on low speed, combine remaining 625 ml (2 1/2 cups) whipped topping and peanut butter.
- To assemble cake, spread 250 ml (1 cup) peanut buttercream mixture across bottom and up sides of prepared pan; top with a layer of 9 cookies (3 rows of 3). Spread 250 ml (1 cup) banana mixture on top of cookies; add a second layer of 9 cookies. Spread 250 ml (1 cup) banana mixture on top again; make a third layer of 9 cookies. Top with 250 ml (1 cup) banana mixture again; finish with a fourth layer of 9 cookies and then spread 125 ml (1/2 cup)peanut buttercream mixture thinly across top of cookies. Tightly cover pan; chill cake and remaining peanut buttercream mixture overnight.
- When ready to serve, remove cover and place serving platter on top of pan; flip over to unmold cake. Remove plastic wrap that was lining pan and spread remaining peanut buttercream mixture over cake top; garnish with reserved crushed cookies. Yields 1/12 of cake per serving.