Peach-Stuffed French Toast
4 small, (or 2 large peaches)
4 slice(s), or any whole loaf, cut 1-in thick
Fat free skim milk
⅛ tsp, for garnish
- Cut a small x in bottom of each peach, just through skin. Place in boiling water for 30 seconds, then plunge in cold water. Skin will now easily slip off. Cut skinned peaches in half, remove pit and cut into 1/2-inch (1.5 cm) cubes.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add peaches and sugar and cook until peaches are very soft and starting to turn golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- With a bread knife, cut a pocket into each of 4 slices of bread. Spoon peach filling into pockets.
- Whisk egg, egg whites, milk and vanilla until well-blended. Dip both sides of each stuffed bread slice into egg mixture.
- Cook on a large nonstick sauté pan or griddle coated with cooking spray over medium heat until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Garnish with powdered cinnamon.