Buttermilk baking mix
½ cup(s), divided
2 tsp(s), grated
6 medium, sliced
Unsweetened orange juice
2 tbsp(s), strawberry
Lite whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a 9-inch round cake pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine baking mix, 3 tablespoons of sugar and orange zest.
- Add milk and stir with a fork until a soft dough forms. Transfer to pan and press flat with floured fingers. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 15 minutes.
- Cool in pan on a rack for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely, top-side up.
- In a large bowl, combine peaches, raspberries, orange juice, preserves and remaining 1/4 cup of sugar. Let stand 30 minutes.
- With a serrated knife, split shortcake in half horizontally. Place bottom, cut-side up, on a serving plate and spread with whipped topping. Top with two-thirds of fruit mixture.
- Place top of cake, cut-side down, on fruit. Cut into wedges to serve, spooning on remaining fruit.