Pain Dorè with Pomegranate Syrup
A fast breakfast that's as easy as it is nutritious. This pain dorè is made even better with a wonderfully sweet, pomegranate-spiked maple syrup.
3 egg white(s)
⅔ cup(s), (1%)
Reduced-calorie whole wheat bread
- Coat a large griddle or nonstick skillet with cooking spray and preheat to medium heat.
- In a shallow dish, whisk together egg whites, milk, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Add bread slices and turn to coat both sides.
- Transfer bread to hot griddle and cook 2 minutes per side, until egg is cooked and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine maple syrup and pomegranate seeds.
- Set pan over medium heat and simmer 5 minutes, until mixture reduces to 1/2 cup.
- Serve pain dorè with pomegranate syrup spooned over top.