Orzo with lemon, asparagus, and peas
1 pinch, for cooking pasta
2 tbsp(s), divided
1 small, chopped
2 cup(s), sliced into bite-size pieces
Frozen green peas
Crumbled feta cheese
4 medium, chopped
3 tbsp(s), fresh, chopped
2 tsp(s), grated
Fresh lemon juice
2 tbsp(s), or more to taste
¼ tsp(s), or to taste
¼ tsp(s), freshly ground, or to taste
- Bring salted water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add orzo and cook as package directs.
- Meanwhile, melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in asparagus; cook, stirring often, 2 minutes. Add peas and cook, stirring often, until vegetables are lightly browned and tender, about 3 minutes.
- Drain orzo and add to skillet. Remove from heat and toss with vegetables, making sure to scrape food on bottom of skillet with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in feta, scallions, remaining tablespoon butter, dill, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Yields about 1 cup per serving.